Monday, March 4, 2013

Key West Adventures

A whirlwind.

That pretty much sums up our adventure to Key West. Lauren, Sara and I went down there to make a few facelifts to our new Deja Vu location on Greene St. After a few long nights, a super early morning and countless craft projects we finally finished! 


Its amazing how much a space can change with a little papier mache, deer antlers and creative placement. My favorite display we made was a rooster made out of recycled fashion newspapers, my old family pictures and cardboard. Since there are so many roosters running around Key West, I thought it was only natural that we put one in the store.  

Our rooster display! My favorite thing we made. 


Although we worked most of the time, it was nice to get away and visit one of the most enchanting place the Florida has to offer. It seems every time I visit Key West I find another thing I love about it! 

Favorite place to Stay: Old Town Manor Bed and Breakfast on Eaton Street
Favorite Brunch: Blue Heaven on Whitehead Street
Favorite little shop: Besame Mucho on Whitehead Street
Favorite local hangout: Schooners Warf Bar


Blue Heaven--they have the BEST blueberry pancakes!



As we boarded our flight home, I felt an overwhelming sense of thankfulness and humility for all of the things God has blessed me with this year. A perfect, healthy son, a supportive and loving circle of family and friends and the peace-bearing love He gives me every day! I am so thankful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment